Collection of Personal Information
We may also collect Personal Information from you about a third party (e.g., a website might allow you to send an electronic “post card” to a friend, in which case we will need that person’s name and e-mail address). Please note that we use such information only for the specified purpose (e.g., to mail the post card) and we will not contact the third party again unless and until the third party contacts us.
How We Use Your Information
When you supply us with your Personal Information we will use it for the express purpose for which it was collected and we also may make use of such Personal Information as described below. Personal Information collected as a result of your use of this Site may be used by the brand responsible for the Site or promotion. At any time, however, you may opt out of such contact.
We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers that assist us in maintaining, operating and improving this Site. For example, at times we may retain third parties to analyze data we collect, including Personal Information, to help us improve our products and our web sites. In addition, if you order a product or service from us, we may provide Personal Information to suppliers and other third parties to enable delivery of such product or service. These third parties, including suppliers, are not authorized by us to use your Personal Information in any other way.
We may supplement the information that you provide to us with other information that we receive from third parties. We do this for marketing purposes in order to provide the most appropriate products and services to meet your needs.
We may also transfer, sell or assign your Personal Information to any entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business (for example, in connection with our sale of a brand), to the extent that you provided such information to the specific portion of our business (or brand) that is being divested, or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business.
Finally, please note that we will release your Personal Information if required to do so to protect our business interests, to comply with law enforcement, or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Other Information We Collect Online
Even if you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our Site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our Site;
- The date and time you access our Site; and
- The pages you visit.
Site measurement statistics may be used to personalize your Site experience, as well as to evaluate statistics about usage of the Site. This is to ensure that our Site presents the best web experience for visitors.
Privacy of Children Online
Although this Site is not targeting children under the age of 13, Brody’s 579 web site is designed to comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) guidelines for web sites gathering identifiable information from children (under age 13). Consistent with these requirements and guidelines, and provided that we have been given accurate information by the child when asked, we do NOT:
- collect personally identifiable off-line contact information without prior parental consent;
- distribute personally identifiable information to third parties without prior parental consent;
- ask children to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity;
- use or disclose online contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent; or
- enable children to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent.
Parents can always ask to review any Personal Information about their child that may have been collected at one of our sites, have us delete any such Personal Information, and/or instruct us not to collect or use such Personal Information about their child in the future. To do so, simply contact us following the procedure outlined below in the “Contact Information” section.
If we change the kinds of information we collect, change how we use the information collected or offer the information to new and different third parties, we will send a new notice and request for parental consent.
Security of Information
We take reasonable precautions to keep your Personal Information secure. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access in an effort to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse. Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet and world wide web have inherent security risks. We cannot promise or guaranty, and you should not expect, that Personal Information, personal searches, and other communications will always remain secure. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose Personal Information.
How You May Access and Change Certain Information That We Collect.
The first time that you provide us with registration information through our Site, you will be able to decide whether you want to subscribe to emails or newsletters. Each commercial email that we send to you will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of continuing to receive such messages. We may take up to 10 days to process your opt-out requests.
Notice to California residents
California residents have the right to request information from us regarding the manner that we may share personal information with affiliated companies and other third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To find out what and how we share such information, you may send us an email request at Kathy@brodys579.com or mail to 256 Windsor Lane, Mahtomedi, MN 55115 and receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties who received information for their direct marketing purposes; and
- Examples of the products and services subject to the third parties direct marketing programs, if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot be determined from their names.
Notice to Site Visitors Located Outside of the United States
Changes in Our Policy
Please write to us at:
256 Windsor Lane
Mahtomedi, MN 55115